Vinod Kambli was born on 18 January 1972. He’s famous as an ex- Indian world-class cricketer. He was a player with India as a left-handed centre batsman, and also in Mumbai as well as Boland, South Africa. Vinod Kambli was the first cricketer in the history of cricket to reach 100 years in one One-day World Cup on his birthday.He was a member of his Indian the cricket squad from 1991 until 2000. He is now a cricket coach at the private KhelBharti Sports Academy and MCA, i.e., Mumbai Cricket Association Academy. Sachin Tendulkar was his childhood close friend. Vinod Kambli also forged a acting career and was in a variety of films.Kambli began his Test career three years following Tendulkar and, the following year, three years later after he made a fuss about an evening ball in town, Kambli won into his first Ranji prize for six.What a great start that was! In his first seven Tests the player accumulated two double hundreds of years, and just two hundred years. His footwork was awe-inspiring against spinners. He once smashed Shane Warne for 22 runs in an over, but he did not win.He often ended up getting caught with a knot in the ball with the shorter length and his glimmer of devour before long was transformed into an iconic brand.
Struggles and Controversies of Vinod Kambli
- Vinod Kambli’s story is filled with controversy, one of his most famous claims is about Match Fixing World Cup 1996. Vinod Kambli found out that the main reason behind the unpredictability of the loss in 1996’s World Cup semi-last match against Sri Lanka in 1996 was match fixing. The following are a few other controversy that were uncovered by Vinod Kambli during his time:
- His maid SoniSarsal was adamant about him and his spouse for harassing her. In addition, she filed an FIR filed against Kambli and his partner. According to SoniSarsal, Kambli and his partner, Andrea, had not let her return and bound her in a way that was unjustly for three days, when she demanded amount of money.
- In July, Vinod Kambli and his partner, Andrea Hewitt, attacked Raj Kumar Tiwari, the father of singer Ankit Tiwari in the middle of a shopping mall in Mumbai.
- On the 27th of February, 2022 Mumbai authorities arrested the man after he crashed his car into the front door to his society private in Bandra. It is believed that he also had a conversation with his guardian as well as some of the other occupants.
- In 2009, Kambli was a part of the unscripted television drama called ‘SachKaSaamna in which he claimed that he had to confront separation within the group. Kambli made it clear that Sachin did not help him on his gruelling stage. Sachin invited everyone to his final retirement Party in 2013. However, Kambli was not part of the party.
Achievements of Vinod Kambli
He was a part of the World Cup competitions in the years 1992 and 1996. He has two ODI many centuries in his record 100 not out in a match against Britain in Jaipur in 1993, on his birthday, setting the standard for the first batsman in history to achieve a ODI hundred for his birthday. He also scored 106 against Zimbabwe in Kanpur during his 1996 World Cup.Vinod Kambli, the former Indian cricketer who didn’t get much recognition. His career was rife with controversy and struggle. He was even blamed for the rigging of the game. Despite the many challenges in his personal life, he was able to make it through and didn’t abandon his cause. In 2000, the announcement of his retirement was made. He was hired by MCA to coach following retirement.